New years is a wonderful time to renew yourself, make wishes, manifest new goals, refresh and create new vibes for your life. Although as I write this, I realize that you don’t need to wait until new years to do any of this. New Years is kind of a gauge, a time to wipe the slate clean and start new. It doesn’t have to mean anything, it can be just another day or it can mean everything. Make the most of what it means to you.
I try not to make new years more than it is but, for me, it is indeed a renewal. It’s a wonderful way to recommit to being the person I want to be and a great time in the calendar year to set new intentions and decide what my goals will be for the new year. I also want to take this time to remember everything I learned, good and bad, about relationships, business, love and life. It’s also a time to be grateful, grateful and even more grateful! Some things I want to carry into 2018:
- Let go of people who don’t respect you and accept you for who you are. That means those who don’t respect and accept the way you look, your talents, your essence…YOU. Ditch them. Say goodbye and move on. People who don’t like you for who you are usually don’t like themselves. Until they figure that out, you don’t need to deal with their misery.
- Find a way to love and appreciate yourself. We all have aspects of ourselves that we want to change but hating yourself won’t help you get there. Why are you so awesome? Say why often and loud.
- Don’t do anything half assed, do what you love and go all in. Do it the best you can. If you find that you aren’t enjoying what you do and that you feel you HAVE to do something, you won’t do it well.
- Be authentic! Say what you mean, mean what you say. I’m constantly working on this. Don’t be here just to please others. State your feelings and explain yourself. Be assertive, especially my fellow ladies; our voices need to be heard.
- Don’t be afraid to say no especially when it comes to your business. Have a goal and go after it; say no to the avenues that you may go down that you don’t want to. Say no even if it means ending a partnership or not accommodating others. You have to be comfortable with what you are doing for your business.
- Be grateful for everything you have and focus on that when you feel like you are lacking in anything. You have everything you need. Material things are not everything you need. People, relationships, love, that’s what you need. Things are just fillers and they will not make you happy in the long run. Focus on quality relationships and self love.
Have the best 2018, friends. I hope you read this and it leaves you feeling better or brings you to a less confusing fork in the road. I hope 2018 is your best year yet. To all who help make The Yoga Collective what it is, THANK YOU, I’m grateful for you!